HERE IS TODAYS SILVER SPOT PRICE PER OUNCE
Today's Silver Spot Price Per Ounce
Calculate the "Right Now" Silver Melt Value of your coin - follow instructions.
HERE IS AN EXAMPLE OF A SIMPLE TRANSACTION
Say you found or have 4 silver Washington quarters and 2 silver half dollars. Lets say today's price of silver is at $18 per ounce. Now, look at Chart A. Each silver Washington quarter would be worth about $3.00 and each silver half dollar would be worth about $6.00. If we multiply 4 X $3.00 = $12.00 and 2 X $6.00 = $12.00. Thats a total silver value of $24.00. A coin dealer would give you a little less than that and a private collector would propably give you more. There is also a numismatic (antique or rare) value which could be added to each coin. All terms are negotiable and you need a willing seller and a willing buyer. Remember: Strong trees bend in the wind and weak trees snap! Be realistic, give a little and you might get alot.
CASHING IN: Where can I sell the coins I have found?
1. COIN DEALERS:
NEVER CLEAN YOUR COINS! They are more valuable to a dealer if left just the way you found them. If you are in a hurry to sell your coins see the "Contact" information below.
All of these dealers will pay you the daily "spot price of silver" as well as pay you more for the numismatic value of any rare coins you bring to them. Coins that are rare or Very Fine (VF), Extra Fine (EF), Almost Uncirculated (AU), or Uncirculated (UNC) - Brillant Uncirculated (BAU) or Proofs (PR) are worth more. In some cases much more. NOTE the silver currency chart showing silver spot prices and value of coin denominations (CHART A). Coin dealers will be happy to "appraise" the coin value and make you a offer, but is the offer fair and realistic? Don't be afraid to get a second or third opinion. Remember if you found the coin in change and just paid for it's numeric value, you are making out. Don't be unrealistic - this only sabotages your potential. There is a learning curve and trade secrets to coin collecting.
HERE ARE A FEW COIN COLLECTING TRADE SECRETS:
1. Silver prices usually run in a 30 year cycle. As of May of 2011 silver went to a high of $48 per ounce. It has been fluctuating between $25 and $35 since. If you are planning to live another 30 years - you can afford to hold onto your coins. If not - SELL NOW!
2. Because so many people have happily cashed in their silver coins there is a large quantity of AU and BAU silver dimes, quarters and halves in the "JUNK SILVER" trays. When silver goes over $35 per ounce you will even find silver PROOF coins. These are more valuable coins, which you can pick up at junk silver prices. If you are a collector your coin books will look bright and valuable.
3. Some coin shops and dealers have "CULL" silver dollar trays. These are beat up, painted over or more common dates. However, some of these might be XF - AU grade. Coin dealers who sort through thousands of coins each week can get tired and cranky - and slip up if distracted. They can also get toxic metal poisoning which can "fry their nerves". They need to use gloves or do a heavy metal cleanse. (Copper pennies can be especially toxic). I have even discovered CC (Carson City) silver dollars in these trays as well as other semi rare dates.
4. In my opinion your best investment is silver. WHY? Because silver should have a classic 15 to 1 ratio with gold. In other words if gold is $1,500 per ounce, then silver should be $100 per ounce. The price of sliver is being held down by gold market investors. Its an old story - just watch the "Wizard of Oz" and look for the hidden meanings. Someday soon it might bust loose and when it does a lot of silver holders are going to be very happy.
5. In these times the real value is in commodities - especially food and fuel. You can't eat your silver coins. Why not invest some of that silver into a food bank for you and your loved ones and neighbors - and don't leave out the pets. I wish you happy silver coin hunting.
Click Below To View CONSIGNMENT COINS FROM PRIVATE PARTIES
RECOMMENDED COIN DEALERS
JACK H. BEYMER RARE COINS
BIG OAK SHOPPING PLAZA
2490 W. 3rd St.
Santa Rosa, CA. 95401
Toll Free: (800) 635-6040
Fax: (707) 575-5304
After Hours (707) 544-1681
Member: Professional Numismatics Guild (PNG)
Jack H Beymer Rare Coins Shop
Jack H. Beymer MAIN Website
BRUCE BRAGA RARE COINS and COLLECTIBLES
Large Selection of Carson City (CC) Gold and Silver Coins
P.O. Box 652
Sloughhouse, CA. 95683-0652
Fax: (916) 354-1592
Member: American Numismatic Association (ANA)
DON RINKOR RARE COINS
2600 Mendocino Ave,
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Phone: (888) 870-2646
Toll Free: (888) 870-2646
Member: Professional Numismatics Guild (PNG)
Don's Coin Shop Website
SANTA ROSA COIN EXCHANGE
UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP
U.S. Coins, Appraisals
Gold and Silver, Jewelry and Sterling Silverware
New Owner Bruce W. Collister
170 Farmer's Lane, Suite #3
Santa Rosa, CA 95405
Phone: (707) 576-1081
Member: ANA, Redwood Empire Coin Club
Santa Rosa Coin Exchange Website
SAN RAFAEL RARE COIN COMPANY
Rare Coins, Bank Notes,
Gold, Silver and Platinum Jewelry, and Precious Metals
1219 Fourth Street
P.O. Box 150959
San Rafael, CA 94915
Phone: (415) 457-2646
Fax: (415) 457-8766
Open Mon - Fri from 11am - 4pm
After Hours by appoiintment
Member: ANA, PCGS, ICG, NGC, NCS Accredited
San Rafael Rare Coin Website
SIERRA GOLD & COIN - JOHN ENGELHARDT - GRASS VALLEY - GOLD COUNTRY
We Buy - Bullion Gold & Silver, Placer & Nuggets, Coins & Collections, Jewelry, Estate - Gold & Silver.
We Sell - Bullion Gold & Silver (Special Prices on Quantity Purchases), Placer & Nuggets, Coins & Supplies.
Appraisals in Our Store or at Your Residence
203 West Main Street
Grass Valley, CA. 95945
Phone: (530) 272-1100
Fax: (530) 272-1130
EBAY User ID SGANDCOIN
Member: ANA, CONECA and Redwood Empire Coin Club
Sierra Gold and Coins Website
ERRORS and MORE - JIM CAULEY - SACRAMENTO - GOLD COUNTRY
Authentication and Appraisals on ERRORS.
United States and Foreign Coins,
also Buying and Selling Gold and Silver Coins
CASH PAID - WILL TRAVEL
Phone: (916) 212-6752
EBAY User ID RECCLM50
Member: CONECA and
Redwood Empire Coin Club
Jim Cauley Errors and More EBAY Website
WRIGHT'S COINS & COLLECTIBLES - SAN FRANCISCO - EAST BAY
BUYING OLD COINS - CASH PAID - WILL TRAVEL
Appraisals, United States Gold n Silver Coins
THREE GENERATIONS OF FAMILY COIN DEALERS
Benton and James Wright
James Phone: (925) 550-9048
Ben's Phone: (925) 754-3465
Hours by appoiintment - WILL TRAVEL!
Bay Area, North, South and East
RECOMMENDED ANTIQUE-COIN SHOPS
Many do not recognize the opportunity that Pawn Shops offer when it comes to buying silver or gold coins -
or using your existing collection to get an emergency loan. Most coin shops do not offer this opportunity,
unless you know the owner personally and can be trusted. Pawn shop owners often do not recognize rare or
nusmismatic coin values because that is not a major part of their business. Remember they buy, sell and loan
money on a large array of items from A-Z. The small heart centered pawn shop owner can save your car, your
apartment, your home, your pet, or maybe even your life or the life of a loved one long before a bank or
credit union would. Don't be afraid to ask, negotiate for what you need and expect miracles.
The webmaster of this site, Robert W. Matson has personally checked out each of these Pawn Shops
and recommends the shop owners as fair and honest.
CRAFTSMAN ESTATE & TRADING - NORTHERN CALIFORNIA - UKIAH
Buy, Sell, Consign, Fast Loans on Coins
and Collections, Silver, Gold and Jewelry
Free Appraisal Services.
Lance Anderson & Family
306 North State Street
Ukiah, CA 95482
Phone: (707) 463-3900
Open Mon - Fri from 10am - 3pm
After Hours by appoiintment
Craftsman Estate & Trading Website
POR RICHARDS ANTIQUES
Buys Silver and Gold Coins
Common to Rare 90% silver coins for sale
in the display case - Cash only.
Open most days from 11am to 4pm or call to
make an appointment for appraisal or purchase.
312 N. Franklin St.
Fort Bragg, CA. 95437
Por Richards Antiques Website
Por Richards Antique Shop is a emporium of antiques and collectibles from A-Z.
In his large, full shop in historic downtown Fort Bragg, you will find Limoges, Old Paris
to more common collectibles, furniture, art, glassware and Disney characters and toys
that will take you back to your childhood. Richard also buys and sells rare coins.
His showcase displays Indian pennies, wheat pennies, buffalo nickels, pre-1964 Mercury
and Roosevelt dimes, Washington and seated Liberty quarters, Walking Liberty and Franklin
half dollars as well as the fabled Morgan and Peace silver dollars. There are also some
magnificent bronze sculptures. Why not stop by and explore Richard's world full of
memories from the past and make a purchase that will bring you years of pleasure.
Webmaster: Robert W. Matson (707) 522-0550
Hobbiest and Two Decades Experience With US Coins 1878 - 1964
Member: Redwood Empire Coin Club
Contact Me On My Website